[2.4b] Lux Guide - Light it up - Lux support guide
- Has good poke and range during laning.
- Her CC form lasts for 2 seconds, which is a great amount of time.
- Has good damage potential along with her other supportive aspects.
- Has the most shielding potential out of any champion in the game.
- Her ult is global and does massive damage.
- Tilt-proof and positive :)
- Very squishy with no mobility.
- Enemy can capitlize/engage if she misses her Q.
- Requires tear if she wants to spam her skills.
- Her ult can be hard to hit on moving targets.
- Her shields is also a skillshot, requiring good positioning and aim.
Best Build Guide for Lux
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
Lux is a champion with very short cooldowns and a lot of range, so spamming her skills is tempting, but does require a lot of mana. I would start with Sapphire Crystal and follow up with Tear of the Goddess to make sure that I can spam without fearing getting low on mana.
There are two builds with which you can play lux - the supportive one and the damage one. The supportive one will consist of items such as Harmonic Echo and Staff of Flowing Waters along with Shadows Enchant to scan for potential ambushes. This build will focus on CDR along with cheap and affordable items to keep yourself relevant even if you are on the losing side.
The damage build is something you might expect a Lux on the mid lane to build. These items will provide more damage and will greatly increase your carry potential, but keep in mind that they offer less CDR and are also more expensive. Always remember that supports are always at the bottom of the farming chain, which is why building damage on them can be difficult sometimes.
Best Runes for Lux
The first rune set is set around being more supportive, while the other one is more about dealing damage, especially to a single target. You could also mix and test with other runes to find out what works best for you.
How to distribute skill points
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
This will be your one-shot combo to heavily damage one or two targets. After unleashing all those attacks, try to go for an auto attack if you can to deal more damage.
You can use Protobelt Enchant to get into Q range faster.
Yes, you can combine those two abilities together as well.
Lux Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
You have decent range over him, and he doesn't really do much when he goes in besides running at you, allowing you to use Light Binding with ease.
Assasins like her are always hard on champions like lux.
If he gets a hook, you or your teammate are most likely gonna flash or die. His ult can also cancel any shields you throw on your team.
Assasins - really annoying :(
You both have decent poke, so this matchup is more about skill.
This is also a battle of pokes.
another poke battle. interesting.
How to light up the way
1. Lux is a champion that works best from the backlines. Don't rush in and let your tanks create space for you.
2. use Lucent Singularity to seal off entrances and waypoints or to scan bushes for enemies, as it gives vision of the area.
3.When using Prismatic Barrier , try to move in a straight line behind your team to make sure both waves of the shield hits them.
4. If you know the enemy jungler has no smite, or if you team is taking a jungle objective without a jungler, use Final Spark to secure it from possible steals.
5. You can also use Final Spark to clear minion waves from a great distance, putting pressure on the enemy or relieving some of your own.
6.Always have a positive mindset, you are playing Lux after all :)