[2.5a] Veigar Guide - SWALLOW THEIR SOULS!!! Viegar support guide
- Has very good damage and scaling.
- Becomes an incredible AP damage carry if properly scaled into the game.
- Has arguably one of the strongest area denial abilities in the game.
- Wierdly cute.
- Very squishy and 3/4 of his abilities are pure damage with no utility.
- His cage has a fairly long cooldown, especially in early game.
- One of his passive components require him to last-hit minions, making it useless when played as a support.
- Pretty sadistic for someone so cute.
Best Build Guide for Veigar
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
So there is something that we do need to talk about, and that is building tank items for Veigar . You might have seen people who play him on the middle lane build items like Dead Man's Plate to have more defense and move faster. Now this is not wrong, but the reason why they have the privilege to do so is because they can fully utilize his passive. Viegar gets bonus max AP by three ways: Hitting enemy champions, killing or assisting in taking them down, and last hitting minions with abilities. Now, let me show you why the last method is the most effective for viegar players to stack AP:
Lets assume a situtation until the first drake, which is at 4 minutes. You play as viegar, you have a minion wave with 4 minions every 30 seconds. For every 8 minions, you manage to last hit 7. Every two waves, you got an attack on the enemy, and until the first drake you somehow managed to get a kill and an assist (and I'm being optimistic here).
There are a total of 8 waves that came until the first drake. Now let's calculate how many stacks you got from each source: 4 AP from hitting the enemy champions, 10 AP for the kill and assist, and 28 AP from last hitting the minions.
The point is clear: Last hitting minions is the MAIN source in which Veigar stacks AP, and when you play as a support, you NEVER steal CS from your team. That's why building tank items as Veigar support is something I believe is not optimal, since you will have less AP to actually impact a fight. That's why we will build items that have AP, but are also affordable and not to fancy.
For boots, I reccommand having Ionian Boots of Lucidity and for the enchant, get either [stasis enchant] or [locket enchant], depending how safe you actually feel.
Best Runes for Veigar
How to distribute skill points
When to take which summoners
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
Veigar Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
Its pretty easy to keep him at bay with Event Horizon since he just runs at you with a snowball.
Be sure to time Event Horizon properly, as you can stun him before he gets a chance to get close.
It can be hard if either you or a teammate gets hooked.
Better get [stasis enchant] if she gets on top of your tiny head...
It can be frustrating during laning, as she has a lot of range.
Pretty boy can use Arcane Shift to escape your cage.
If he uses Ragnarok , good luck caging him.
How to be evil
1. Remember that Dark Matter gives vision. Use it to scan bushes and dark places.
2. You can use Event Horizon and hit the enemy with the edges of the cage when casting if he's already CC'd, as he will be stunned again after.
3. You don't have to use Event Horizon just to stun; It's also a very effective tool for blocking entries.
4.Save your Primordial Burst for enemies with low Health, as it deals more damage the lower they are.
5. Keep thinking about new and evil ideas on how to win the game, even if you are behind.