[1.1.0] Malphite Guide - A rock solid guide
Best Build Guide for Malphite
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- rush an early Bramble Vest if against a Fiora or Nasus;
- build up towards Iceborn Gauntlet otherwise. This item is core across these three builds I presented.
• Second item choice can be:
- Boots are situational:
> Tabis if they have lots of AA based;
> Mercs if they have CC.
The spell I take is teleport. Gargoyle doesn’t do that much for me!
- Sunfire Cape is a staple in my builds and I like the damage it adds to my combos, plus the wave clear.
• Bramble vest can be built whenever you want. If I am not against champions that have innate healing, I tend to build Bramble when I see Blade of the Ruined King or Bloodthirster being built.
• Abyssal Mask is nice if you want more power into your combos! And the eternity passive adds mana and hp.
• Adaptive Helm helps against heavy AP combo that relies on spamming as much as they can.
• Spirit Visage is also an option because of the shield boost but I rarely take. Highly suggested regardless if you need more MRES.
• Warmog’s is great because of the huge HP increase and it just complements the extra armor you get from W (you need to compensate high amounts of resistances with HP to be more efficient in tanking).
Best Runes for Malphite
• Weakness gets proc’d when you impair movements (Q and R do that) and you deal more damage.
• Spirit Walker is my choice because of the 20% slow resistance and 50HP you get.
• Manaflow Band is pretty self explanatory: you spam a lot, so extra mana is always welcome.
How to distribute skill points
Malphite Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
• Be mindful of vitals and if she outs you just Q and run away.
• Avoid ulting her if she didn’t use W.
• You can win the lane but he will outscale your dueling later on.
• Impact the map so that he cannot push for free later on.
• If he spins, Q him and run away.
• If he uses Q for a minion, punish him with your W AAs.
More info soon!
Who am I?
Hello! My name is Ster and I have played League of Legends on PC for the last 7 years.
I am a diamond top laner and Wild Rift is proving to be just as fun as the main game. Currently climbing with 70% win rate and I am not stopping until I’m at least diamond!
This guide will be updated with more matchups and info the more I climb. Right now, in Gold, people still spam the same champions.