[2.4b] Leona Guide - So You Wanna Be A Leona Main? Patch 2.4C
So You Wanna Be A Leona Main? Patch 2.4C
- Have Thicc A$$ Armour and Magic Resist
- Short Cooldown
- Perma Stun BABYYYYYY
- Tower Diving MONSTER
- Weak Against True Damages and Penetrations
- No Disengage
- Low Mana
Best Build Guide for Leona
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- ALWAYS take sweeper first to eliminate wards early on and piss the enemy off and to keep pressuring using the lane brush. This is what I call, lane dominance.
- Cloth Armor : Basic stat against AD (Attack Damage / physical damage) champ early
- Null-Magic Mantle : Basic stat against AP (Ability Power / magic damage) champ early
- Boots of Speed : Basic item for escaping, chasing, rotating, and roaming.
- Zeke's Convergence : Good stat for tanking damage and buffing allies' attacks (Recently got a buff. A huge one at that)
- Boots of your choice. Depending on the situation.
- Frozen Heart : Good defend stat against AD champions and good stat for cooldown reduction.
- Abyssal Mask : Good defend stat against AP champions, bonus magic damage to enemies nearby (can be synchronized with Leona 's Sunlight and also mana and HP regen.
- Boot Enchantments of your choice (depending on the situation, can also be completed after you finish Zeke's Convergence
- Against AD champions:
- Thornmail : Reflect damage and grievous wound (healing reduction). Good against healers and and lifestealers.
- Iceborn Gauntlet : For Cooldown Reduction and slow effects.
- Against AP champions :
- Adaptive Helm : AP Damage Reduction.
- Force of Nature : Stacking MR (Magic Resist) and MS (Movement Speed).
Best Runes for Leona
- Aftershock : When you engage, you're kinda invulnerable until you press your 2Eclipse
- This will help reducing Leona 's damage taken and also a burst of damage around her after 2.5 seconds that deals magic damage but scale with your max HP.
- Font of Life : This rune is good for a lot of tanks to give your allies free lifesteal but it can be countered with anti-heal so... I honestly like thicc Leona better.
- Weakness : It synchronizes with Leona 'sSunlight and dealing more damage to hardstuck stepsister is ALWAYS a good option.
- Conditioning : Good against a team with a good team comp. Since you're gonna need both AR (Armor) and MR (Magic Resist) against them.
- Hunter Titan : Good against a team with high crowd control (cc) to lock you down in a place.
- Adaptive Carapace : Good against a team with a bad team composition.
- Loyalty : Low value. Don't take it. You want Leona to be thicc so she can engage and ignore people's damage
How to distribute skill points
When to take which summoners
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
Auto Attack Reset Combo
- Good for eliminating wards and eliminating towers.
- Good to deal a 'stunning' amount of bonus damage. Get it? Cause her 1 Shield Of Daybreak stuns people? Nevermind.
Full Initiating Combo (CC Chain)
- Ideally, you want to use this combo on enemy champion with less or no tenacity (CC reduction) at all.
- The stuck stepsi- i mean, champion cannot be unstuck from the CC chain.
Against Tenacity Champions
- While on midair from your Zenith Blade , quickly cast your Solar Flare .
- This will ensure that your CC chain will hit the targeted enemy hard.
What are Tenacity champions?
Surprise Long Range Initiating Combo
- You can't cast [flash] during your Zenith Blade animation but you cancast right before your Zenith Blade animation. So be very quick for this combo.
- Can be used to chase someone and tell them, "You have no escape you little RAT!!"
- Can extend your Zenith Blade 's range.
- Can give your enemy a heart attack.
Surprise Initiating Combo
- This combo is super good if you have multiple targets and if your Zenith Blade is not ready yet especially when you're in brush.
- Good when the enemy have support that have a lot of tenacity and thicc shield.
- You engage on high tenacity / someone who have HUGE shield on them with your 3 Zenith Blade but SIKE! That's not your REAL TARGET.
- You [flash] > Shield Of Daybreak towards the one that have no shield on them and have low tenacity.
- This will also helps you to target someone who are further away than your initial target.
Full Changing Target Combo
- Right after this combo is finished, just spam your abilities when needed. ALWAYS find the right abilities on the right time
Close Combat Engage
- This can be used if a melee champions are face-checking a brush you're in.
Close Combat Engage (Full)
- This can be used if a melee champions are face-checking a brush you're in especially if it's a definite kill.
Tips & Tricks
- DON'T BE A FRIGGIN' COWARD! You're a Leona with THICC @$$ ARMOUR! JUST DO IT! You need a mindset, "Ima make them suffer the whole game"! Be Aggressive (Once you hit lv3)! TRADE! TRADE! TRADE!
- Lane Dominance : You gotta conquer the brush in your lane. If the enemy is trying to get inside, MAKE THEM SUFFER! If they warded it, use your sweeper. If they randomly cast abilities in the brush, dodge it or MAKE THEM SUFFER for it!
- When tower diving, take the tower aggro before you let your team in or else your team will die for nothing.
- Keep CCing your enemies! Let your team do the damage especially with bonus damage they git from your Weakness andSunlight
- Freeze the wave for the team!
- During your Zenith Blade 's animation, you can also cast another 1 of your abilites including your Ult Solar Flare
- If your 3 Zenith Blade is hit by multiple targets, Leona will dash to the last one hit.
- Only the last one hit by your 3 Zenith Blade is rooted.
- Your 3 Zenith Blade is easily hit whenever the enemy is Auto Attacking and casting abilities with delays like Jhin 's Deadly Flourish , Jinx 's Zap! , and Ashe 's Volley .
Thank you guys for all the supports. I GREATLY appreciate it! Even though I'm only and Emerald player (used to be Diamond 3), you guys still watch my guide. I just wanna say, for you support mains out there, you guys ARE AWESOME! Thanks for even exist and make our day. Wild Rift is a competitive game, winning and losing is just a part of it so KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED and BE DETERMINED! That's all from me! Enjoy playing your new main, Leona , the Radiant Dawn.