[3.2a] Sett Guide - "The boss is here. Hold your applause." (Updated)
- A strong tank
- Only a few champs can counter him in wr
- Have a high chance to get up ahead after getting behind
- Strong in early
- Split pusher
- Low movementspeed
- One of the biggest counter for him is cc
- Long ability cooldowns
- Not that good at chasing
Best Build Guide for Sett
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- Starting Item
- Long Sword The first item for Sett plus Brutal you will get more AD for early trade.
- Ruby Crystal Also good for Sett to get an early Hp advantage since he has good damage in early game.
- Haymaker Enhancer
- Black Cleaver You can buy Trinity Force because it is good for Sett to enhance his basic attack more but Black Cleaver is alot cheaper and it also enhance your attack by reducing enemy champ's armor. Black Cleaver gives you 20 Ability Hastes to reduce Sett's CD and 350 Max Health.
- Sterak's Gage It gives you additional 50% base AD and 400 Max Health. It also good when you are getting gank. When your Hp drop to 35% you will get a shield that equals to 75% bonus Hp that will also enhance the damage of Haymaker .
- Divine Sunderer In the latest patch Death's Dance got reworked, they change Hp to Armor and since armor can delay getting grit I change it to Divine Sunderer . 20AD but it has 400Hp so this item is still good because Hp scale Sett's Haymaker too and also additional enhancement for Knuckle Down .
- Edge of Night I highly recommend to use this Item because it makes you immune to CC . It also gives you 250 Max Health and 50 AD .
- Warmog's Armor Lastly this is one of the best armor you can use for Sett. It gives you 700 Max Health, 200% Health Regen and 10 Ability Hastes. Having so much health for Sett Is really good.
- Boots and Enchants
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
for additional Ability Hastes.
- Boots of Swiftness for 10 more movement speed.
- Protobelt Enchant for chasing enemy and additional combo.
- Gargoyle Enchant for late game tanky Sett and also good for clash. Activating Gargoyle Enchant will increase your Hp by 65% but activating it while there are 3 or more enemy champions nearby your Hp will increase by 130% instead.
- Default Full Build Stats
- Activated Gargoyle Enchant Stats
- Activated Gargoyle Enchant while 3 enemy champions are nearby Stats
Best Runes for Sett
- Runes for Sett
- Grasp of the Undying for additional Hp and regen or Conqueror with the combination of Black Cleaver you can make a great damage.
- Brutal for early damage.
- Hunter Titan for extra Hp you got per unique enemy champion takedowns and tenacity to reduce enemy mobilizing time.
- Hunter Genius extra Ability Hastes you got per unique enemy champion takedowns. You can go for Sweet Tooth for more Health and additional gold when picking.
Support Sett Runes
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
Just a simple combo, level 1 combo
Reminder when to use Haymaker : Use it only if you have atleast a half bar of grit or full grit to get a huge amount of barrier and to deal more damage.
Full combo with [flash]
Full combo with Protobelt Enchant
Same as the Combo #4 Just use Facebreaker before flash
Sett Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
I did an experiment if Garen can takedown Sett because of his Courage that gives him extra armor and Decisive Strike that can disable champions ability but Sett don't need to use his ability even just for a second. You just have to let Garen damage you and just punch him and after the disable you can now use your ability. Your only problem is his Demacian Justice but atleast you got so much grit from him you will get a large amount of barrier to use as a shield if he use his Demacian Justice .
His Curse Of The Sad Mummy is so helpful in clash but just use Gargoyle Enchant because we all know that Amumu will only use his Curse Of The Sad Mummy if there's an enemy champion around or in clash and Gargoyle Enchant is more powerful if there are so many enemy champions nearby that it really increase your Hp by 130%
He may ignore all of your cc but you only need 2 of your skills to take him down. Knuckle Down and Haymaker . Dr. Mundo is really good in teamfight but with your Gargoyle Enchant you can become more powerful than him in clash.
Jayce is op but still squishy even in late game so just play safe in early game and don't make him strong.
It may be a bit risky if you want to harras him in early game, just dodge his Thundering Shuriken and also he may be good for clash because of his stun but if you have so much health it is just nothing you will just get a full grit from it and use Haymaker to take him and his teammates down with your team.
Well Hemorrhage is so dangerous for Sett as it damage you continuously just like ignite. He just need to fully stocked his Hemorrhage and smash you using Noxian Guillotine but atleast you can block it using Haymaker with timing. While Darius trying to poke you using his Hemorrhage it will gives so much grit that will make your Haymaker more poweful.
Sett's basic attack is so powerful but Jax will just use Counter Strike and dodge all of your basic attacks even if you use Knuckle Down and just stunned you and spam his basic attack. I recommend to play safe in early game and try to poke him in late game when you have enough damage and hp to take him down.
Riven is a bit dangerous in early game but as long as you play safe and make a first build you can take her down.
Fiora is one of the best counter for Sett. Maybe because of her quick and aggressive play style and that's what Sett lacking. But it will be more easier for you to predict her ability more than she can. First thing fiora will do is to predict when will you use Haymaker because she can just use Riposte to block all the damage or she will just use Lunge and dash backward or side to dodge it. Well because of Riposte recently nerf she really need to predict when will you use ability. Use Facebreaker to catch her but she may block it using Riposte but don't worry atleast it makes her much easier to catch. Just wait for the execution of her skill and then use The Show Stopper and Knuckle Down or use flash first and flash behind her and then use The Show Stopper for the combo.
Just like Fiora but Akali is much harder to predict as she use Twilight Shroud that makes her invisible and also her Perfect Execution is so burst it can 1 shot you in early game if your health is below in half also if Sett is powerful in clash and so Akali too but with a great timing using Facebreaker and Haymaker you can counter her instead.
Sett's Build Origin
The build that I used for Sett (Haymaker Enhancer) is actually based on one of the famous build. "Mathematically Correct Sett Build" . This build ignores armor and magic resistance and using only Ability Hastes , Hp , AD and etc. The original build has Goredrinker, Ionian Boots of Lucidity , Sterak's Gage , Black Cleaver , Titanic Hydra and Warmog's Armor but since there are no Goredrinker and Titanic Hydra I replaced Goredrinker with Divine Sunderer because just like Goredrinker Divine Sunderer gives AD, Ability Hastes and Hp and Titanic Hydra with Edge of Night that gives AD and Hp.
Mathematically correct Sett full build enhanced the 2nd skill Haymaker and can deals 2k+ True Damage (if full grit) but my build can only make Haymaker deals 1k+ True Damage (if full grit) but it is still good just like the pc build.
Check this channel to understand more about Mathematically correct Sett
- Passive: Pit Grit - Sett's attack alternate between left and right punches. Right punches follow the left quickly and deal an additional 6 pysical damage (6 + 50% bonus AD).
Sett will reset back to a left punch if he does not do a right punch within 2 seconds of doing a left punch. The Attack Speed of a right punch is 8 times that of a left punch.
- 1st Skill: Knuckle Down (cd:9.5s) - Sett itches for a fight, gaining 30% Movement Speed enemy champions for 1.5 seconds. Additionally empowers the next two attacks to deal an additional 10 plus 1.57% (1%+0.01%AD) max health pysical damage.
The additional damage is capped at 200 against monster.
- 2nd Skill: Haymaker (cd:16s) -
- Passive: Stores 100% of damage taken as a Grit, up to 305 (50%Hp). Grit decays quickly 4 seconds after the damage was taken.
- Active: Consumes all Grit, gaining a 100% Grit consumed shield decays over 3 seconds. Sett then delivers a massive punch, dealing 80 plus 25% (25% + 0.1%bonus AD) Grit consumed true damage to enemies in the center (max 157 damage). Enemies not in the center instead take pysical damage.
- 3rd Skill: Facebreaker (cd:14s) - Smashes enemies on either side into each other, dealing 85 pysical damage (50 + 60%AD) and slowing them by 50% for 0.5 seconds. If Sett grabbed atleast one enemy on each side, all enemies are stunned for 1 second.
- UTL: The Show Stopper (cd:80s) - Grabs an enemy champion and suppresses them as he carries them forward, then slams them into the ground, dealing 200 (200 +100% bonus AD) plus 40% Health pysical damage to sorrounding enemies and slowing them by 99% for 1 second. Enemies take less damage the further they are from where Sett lands.
Ability cd per level
Some terms I used
CC: (Crowd Control) - Abilities that stopping you from controling your champion and disabling your ability. Some examples of different types of cc -> stun, airborne/knock up, charm and etc.
AD: (Attack Damage) - Type of damage that are usually used by adc(attack damage carry) and champions that has ad skills.
AP: (Ability Power) - Type of damage that are usually used by ap champions or champions that has ap skills.
CD: - Cooldown
Ability Hastes: - The ability that reduces cooldown of champion's skills.
Vamp: (Vampirism) - Also known as lifesteal. It only works if you hit or damage an enemy and it will restore some of you missing hp. (The hp you will gain is based on how many vamp percentage you have)
Hp: Health Points
Thank you for reading my Sett guide I hope it helps you understand Sett much better. Have fun using Sett in rift...