[4.0a] Wukong Guide - Wukong
- Easy to comprehend playing style.
- High Attack and Defense with good self healing.
- Takes down most opponents one to one.
- Survives two on one fights with success.
- Harassment stays an option for you.
- Aggressive leveling translates to quick items.
- Lack of ranged attacks.
- Must chase an opponent on occasion.
- Every Minion and Monster likes to focus you.
- Escapes may prove difficult at times.
- Enemy spells make life difficult.
- Minions have a higher priority than your opponent.
Best Build Guide for Wukong
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
This item build focuses on high raw Attack Damage and Ability Haste. All your Abilities keep you a healthy harasser of a champion with good Mana efficiency from Omnivamp.
1. Gluttonous Greaves with Quicksilver Enchant - Wukong starts with excellent statistics for leveling. You rush for a healing item at a cheap price to help you learn your offensive nature. You need to wipe out your Top Lane's enemy Minions to stay in the advantage against your opponent. Omnivamp from the Gluttonous Greaves allows you to fill your health with any Ability against any type of enemy. That is huge for you as a bonus. Your temporary clones will heal you from the damage they do, so you do NOT need to stay near the enemy team. You are easy to bait, but escaping your attacks will be difficult. You need to start your session with Golden Staff, yet Warrior Trickster allows you backing off to your friendly Tower from a bad fight. The Quicksilver Enchant takes your Tenacity needs in attention breaking you from enemy spells for your escape.
2. Maw of Malmortius - A fantastic item for blindly dedicating Wukong to a fight against a Caster. The high Attack Damage and Omnivamp you get from the Lifegrip effect keep you going, when Wukong reaches low health from an enemy spell. The visual of the shield from the Lifeline effect clues you of needing escape soon. Warrior Trickster of Ability 2 helps you go to a friendly Tower in Top Lane, while it provides a continuance of attack to your target. You should Flash or Sprint.
3. Death's Dance - This allows you to oppose any other melee enemy and win. The extra armor gives you a big advantage from all your qualifiable items focusing on Wukong's Attack Damage. Golden Staff of Ability 1 keeps your survivability, so Wukong will not die from the Cauterize effect. The extra Armor helps guarantee you live through a mix of Critical hits and Penetration succeeding as Basic Attacks on Wukong's health. You do NOT have a shield from any item in the item build for an enemy's Basic Attacks causing a near death experience.
4. Frozen Mallet - A huge bonus to health, extra damage, and a painful slowing effect give you a mobility strength. The item helps you escape keeping your opponent in place for a short while of a moment. Your enemy will not escape your damage, if he or she will not try to break free from the Icy effect at your attacks.
5. Edge of Night - You may notice the item build tending to the weaknesses of enemy characters with a 1 Defense rating. The Abilities of those types stop you at the most. The Annul effect turns Wukong's weak area in to his best protecting against more than magic.
6. Trinity Force - The item integrates with the added High Damage of Wukong. You should see the different items of the build NOT adding to Attack Speed. The Spellblade effect helps using one Ability from you about every second or two of time to achieve incredibly raw Attack Damage with your Basic Attacks.
Best Runes for Wukong
The Lethal Tempo rune is important, so you have an easy to play experience. The item build focuses on high Attack Damage for your Basic Attacks, so your primary Attack Speed bonus comes from the rune and Nimbus Strike.
I suggest the Demolish rune over Brutal. You need to take down an opposing Tower in a quick way for money gain.
The Second Wind rune helps getting Wukong's health up to full and a mild Defense addition.
The Sweet Tooth rune motivates you to stay near your closest friendly Tower for a good Top Laning session.
RUNE REVIEW: Lethal Tempo, Demolish, Second Wind, and Sweet Tooth.
You are worth it. Stay alive with Wukong please. Thanks for reading.
How to distribute skill points
When to take which summoners
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
The item build allows you to cycle through your Abilities from 1 to 4 in an order of execution repeating back to Ability 1. You will take damage as you close in to your victim. Allow it. Golden Staff starts your harassment. Warrior Trickster helps take focus off Wukong. Nimbus Strike activates your extra Attack Speed. Cyclone finishes off any Minions near you, while you attack your victim. Continue with Golden Staff as necessary, and use Abilities 2 and 3 as available.
Test. Sorry for the lack of content.