[2.0.0] In-Depth Vayne Guide (Rift Academy #8)
Best Build Guide for Vayne
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- Blade of the Ruined King - A staple/Core item for vayne. It provides All 3 Stats that you need which are Attackspeed, Damage, and Lifesteal that vayne needs to scale up. The active part synergises really good with Night Hunter to kite and chase enemies and the %HP damage works well with Silver Bolts to easily kill both squishies and tanks alike. Definitely a must have no matter the scenario.
- Statikk Shiv - This one however is personal preference for Zeal upgrades during my climb I find Statikk Shiv more useful in terms of offensive measures and let's vayne to clear for which she doesn't have any sort of waveclear. It's advisable to buy Phantom Dancer if the enemy have lots of bursts potential.
- Infinity Edge - It's obvious to buy this item if you are building crit to increase crit damage that lets you spike to 50% Crit chance. Overall a great powerspike item.
- Phantom Dancer - another great item for vayne, both good values to offensive and defensive purposes. Easily gives you more DPS to the fact that you'll get over 75% Crit with your total items which should suffice for teamfight DPS.
- Death's Dance - a much better item to take as last item since Guardian Angel got recently nerfed. Death's Dance is 100 Gold cheaper and just provides amazing stats with a strong passive that negates 30% damage. Paired with Phantom Dancer you're just difficult to pin down and kill.
- Quicksilver Enchant - Easily removed stuns or other debuffs that prevents you dealing damage. The bonus movement speed upon activation really helps you to position.
- [Stasis Enchant] - Great to take against enemies that are sticky and will most likely kill you if they get close. [Fizz:ult] and Death Mark are great examples to buy [Stasis Enchant] in the first Place.
Best Runes for Vayne
Brutal - Good extra stats for early game, pairs great with Tumble for quick pokes.
Spirit Walker - Instant Tenacity from the get go with 50 HP. You can take hunter - Titan instead if you feel you can snowball.
Fleet is a much safer and beginner Friendly Keystone for vayne, you'll deal significantly less damage without conquerer but it's always good to trade out damage for early sustain. You can swap out to conquerer if you feel confident with your laning phase as vayne.
Triump - Good replacement for the lost damage without Conquerer, HP on takedowns provide outplay potential for clutch plays.
The rest are pretty mandatory can be be replaced according to your playstyle.
How to distribute skill points
Vayne Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
You just outscale her by miles and you are much better in LvL5 Skirmishes against her. Her Volley will poke you but you just have to stand behind minions. Just bully her with Tumble each time she goes for CS.
Similar to ashe. Ask for your support to take exhaust to shut her Get Excited! down. Look for a kill in level 4-5
I don't know. Tristana is quite of a meme Champion. Just bully her with Tumble And go all in if you health advantage.
Just pick another adc if given the chance. This guy will annihilate you in lane. But Still winnable if you have an Aggressive support.
You can Condemn him out of his Spinning Axe so he doesn't catch it. But it's Obviously better to use the invisibility from your Final Hour + Tumble to reposition near walls to stun him. [Ninja tabi] is ideal for this Matchup and beg for your support to take exhaust.
Quite similar to draven but you beat him in LvL5 and once you get a lead and you manage to stay ahead you just 3 tap him from existence. Stay away from minion because his Dancing Grenade can hurt a lot. Fleet footwork is good for this one.
Play safely lvl1-4 and stay even, you can outscale him eventually but he will always outrange you and poke you annoyingly with Essence Flux + Arcane Shift . Since Ezreal doesn't have any reliable waveclear you can just take Rapid Firecannon instead of Statikk Shiv right after finishing Blade of the Ruined King to catch him up when he tries to escape.
Plays similarly to jhin but with a weaker Scaling, Fleet Foowork is a must and rush Vampiric Scepter For sustain. Play Aggressively once you hit lvl5 to get a kill since you just beat her all in.
Kaisa is basically you, but better. This Matchup will play out dependently to your support. Which makes the matchup coinflip.
My Thoughts on Vayne
Vayne is an interesting Champion but is quite a questionable pick for Dragon lane in general, Really ironic that she works better in baron lane compared to dragon lane and one of the main reasons is because her early game is easy to bully and she has 0 Waveclear at all. But she has one of the best late game Scalings in the game purely because of her Silver Bolts . But i somehow mange to climb to emerald by just spamming vayne. Diamond is definitely the next but I'm taking a week break from rank to reset my mindset from stress before climbing again. Definitely a fun Champion to play and carry with.
Vayne doesn't really have some flashy combos like other Champions. I'll just note out the things that you always have to keep in mind when playing vayne.
Auto Attack Cancel With Tumble .
This is very staple and a core Mechanic to play vayne at her fullest, cancelling the Auto attack animation with Tumble as soon as you shoot a bolt out is important to immediately apply Silver Bolts . The mechanic itself isn't really technical but it's clunky to do it Consistently without practice.
Redirecting Condemn with Flash.
This one is very stylish and will caught basically everyone off guard if you pulled it off. You can change the trajectory of Condemn with Flash since Condemn will knockback targets infront of vayne's initial cast point of the spell. You can stun targets on the wall instantly instead of walking around them or using Tumble to do so.
Utilizing Your Invisibility Properly.
When you use Tumble while Final Hour Is activated you will be provided 1 second of Invisibility. The most common mistake that vayne players do is Auto Attack instantly after going Invisible which is the main cause why they instantly die and lost all ins. Proper way to do so is to Attack only when you're not invisible and Repositioning when you are invisible. 1 Second Free Repositioning tool is unique to vayne that makes vayne a deadly Champion in terms of 1v1 and both teamfights.
Current Meta as Vayne
In the current meta, Vayne is not really good. Similar to Both varus and ashe. Her weakness as super obvious and she's easy to bully in lane to be effective at all. But vayne teaches you how to kite properly since she dearly needs it to be good. But in the hands of a good vayne player she will definitely dominate assuming she survives the rough laning phase on which my she's not very good at. Time and mistakes will give you knowledge and can learn from it never be greedy and it's better to be even against the laner rather than behind because you'll eventually outscale them. And LuLu now being added into the rift she did definitely become stronger than before.
Thanks for reading my Guide and if you did all the way here. And as switching to ADC in season 1 as being formerly JG/top main it's definitely fun to try and climb out with like different roles. As of now, farewell and have great days ahead if you!