[2.3] [Challenger] Advanced Vayne Guide
[Challenger] Advanced Vayne Guide
Best Build Guide for Vayne
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- Long Sword is the best because the other options are terrible and don't build into your first item
- Vampiric Scepter as first purchase for life steal and sustain in lane
- Followed by Recurve Bow to build into Blade of the Ruined King
- Boots of Speed before you finish Blade of the Ruined King
- Finally Blade of the Ruined King as your first item (see below why)
- Alongside Gluttonous Greaves as they fit an adc best.
- Blade of the Ruined King is the best item in the game for Vayne. Grants her attack speed, life steal, attack damage and ability to chase down opponents after landing three attacks. Also super effective against high health targets.
- Quicksilver Enchant is necessary to cleanse potential CC. As Vayne doesn't have a lot of mobility in her kit she is dependant on being able to move around at all times
- Phantom Dancer is a great third item purchase as it grants you a 240-590 health shield alongside additional attack speed to proc your [vayne:w] even faster
- Infinity Edge is built just because you have a Phantom Dancer and crit chance, so why not build it for additional shredding damage?
- Death's Dance as the final life steal item. Mainly used for the bleed effect, meaning it will be much harder to one shot you. As an alternative you can also go for Bloodthirster if the enemy team doesn't have a low of burst or if you get ahead.
- Guardian Angel is very good as it keeps you alive in fights if you get popped and also grants you a good amount of armour and ad
- Swap out
to penetrate even harder.
- Optional: Swap out [guardian angel] for Mortal Reminder instead. This will allow you to have Death's Dance but if you get one shot by an assassin then you should keep the guardian angel.
- Against assassins you just rush [statis enchant] and Guardian Angel to be able to dodge as much burst as possible to stay alive.
- Maw of Malmortius against heavy ap teams
- Frozen Mallet if you feel like you need some extra health
- Rapid Firecannon can be bought to poke enemies at longer range. However it isn't recommend
- Bloodthirster is bought instead of Death's Dance if you do not need the bleed effect and prefer higher life steal and a small shield.
Best Runes for Vayne
Gathering Storm because Vayne is a scaling champion
Spirit Walker to get extra hp at start ofgame
Hunter Genius to use Q more often for dodging.
Can replace Hunter Genius with Sweet Tooth.
How to distribute skill points
When to take which summoners
Vayne Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
You have a lot more damage then her and should be able to kill her with a few auto attacks. Be wary of her Enchanted Crystal Arrow as she can use it to throw you off guard in the middle of a fight.
As long as he isn't fed, you should be able to kill him at any time. He only has 4 attacks before he needs to reload, and can't run away from you since you have Night Hunter and Blade of the Ruined King .
Has no mobility and you can steal her Love Tap with Blade of the Ruined King . You also have a lot more damage and can dodge her Bullet Time with your Tumble
Very annoying to play against. A good Ezreal will keep his distance and poke you down with Essence Flux and Mystic Shot . If you try to engage him he will just disengage with Arcane Shift and keep poking. Try to surprise him from a bush or from out of vision. When you get to him, you should be able to kill him very quickly.
A very hard scaling champion that can one shot you in the mid/late phase of the game. Also hard to land condemn on her due to her [kaisa:3] and [kaisa:ult]. Try to shut her down early to stop her from scaling alongside you.
Dodge her Zap! and Flame Chompers! and she is an easy match. Be careful of Switcheroo! as she can use it to poke you with rockets (extra range) during the lane to dominate. Don't let her to do that!
If you fall into Flame Chompers! you need to run away or fully commit, because she will hit you with Zap! and auto attack you from out of range, leaving you very vulnerable to death.
Varus is very reliant on his Piercing Arrow and Hail Of Arrows to proc his Blighted Quiver . If you can dodge his abilities, you will demolish him in lane. But if he keeps hitting you then you will lose health very quickly and will be forced to recall which in turn will leave you behind.
Really depends on who can hit their Condemn first and proc as much Silver Bolts as possible.
Last hitting minions is massively important to gaining an advantage over your lane opponent. Being up by just 30 cs is nearly equivalent gold-wise to being up two kills. This kind of advantage directly translates to your ability to snowball the lane, and ultimately the game. You should be farming as much as possible, but sometimes it might not be that way. If that's the case, you have to have patience until late game.
Generally speaking, you are playing the weakest ad carry in the early phases. Here are a few tips to win the early game;
- Only last hit. Never push the lane. Only push your lane if the enemy ad carry is missing.
- Don't take extensive trades. If the enemy team engages on you, disengage. Do not try to fight back.
- If you play with e.g. Braum/Alistar then you can take short trades when your support engages. But ONLY SHORT ONES!
- Keep your distance against strong early game champions (Jhin's 4th Shot - Draven - Miss Fortune's AA+Q+AA)
- Be passive, but don't be a coward. If you got two kills and feel strong then feel free to engage on the enemy. Use AA+Q+AA to proc your Silver Bolts and either continue or back off.
- If you lose your lane very hard (0/6), then don't be afraid to ask for a swap with top. If the enemy has a immobile top laner like Garen, you will have a much easier time fighting him even if he is fed as you can push him back and jump away.
Synergies & Tips
- Alistar: Can engage with Headbutt + Pulverize and follow the knock-ups with a stun from Trample . This gives you enough time to kill or bring the enemy target to very low health
- Blitzcrank: If he lands a good hook, you will kill the target. He can follow it up with a stun from Power Fist and silence from Static Field on top of your ultimate.
- Braum: When Braum uses Winter's Bite he puts one stack on the enemy. Your Silver Bolts requires three attacks. If you manage to proc Braum's stun it is more or less and instant death. Plus he can also shield you from potential engages with his Unbreakable and Glacial Fissure .
- Soraka: While Soraka isn't an aggressive support, she is the strongest healers in the game which allows you to jump into battles as long as she is following you.
- Nami: Super powerful combination with your Condemn . If she hits the enemy with Aqua Prison or Tidal Wave you can easily follow that up with your condemn. Vice-versa also works. Plus she heals and empowers three attacks which is perfect for Silver Bolts
- Sona: Doesn't do much. She can heal and deal a little damage until level 5. After 5 she just gains a short stun which doesn't do much unless you manage to follow it up. But chances are that the enemy will flash or run to avoid your stun.
- Janna: While she has a very strong shield, it sadly isn't enough. If the enemy team decides to fully engage on you, there's very little Janna can do apart from throw a shield on you and try to land a tornado. She has a very good disengage with her Monsoon but it is only useful against a powerful engagers like Malphite or Camille.
How to play the game
Early Phase (Laning)
|Play very safe the first 6 minutes of the game. If your support or jungler engages, you can follow it up if you think you can kill the enemies.|
Only last hit and do not push! This means the enemies will push into you, so you can farm under turret which in turn lets your jungler gank your lane. If the enemies are missing, push in the lane into turret and get turret platings before recalling.
1. Don't die
2. Gain gold advantage
3. Play safe and freeze the lane
|Middle Phase (Roaming)||After you reach level 5, you are stronger than most ad carries if you didn't die. You should have 1-2 full items at this point which should let you solo kill the enemy support, top laner and ad carry unless they are very fed.|
Play around objectives at this point. If you destroyed the bot lane turret, roam to mid or top and help them push it in. If the enemy ad carry stays bot, you can return once they have pushed in the lane.
Contest dragon if you can, and if your support follows you then feel free to invade the enemy jungle and steal the camps once you pushed the lane.
1. Participate in fights (Do not engage first unless on solo target)
2. Focus on objectives rather than kills
3. Invade the enemy jungle & clear camps
|Late Phase (Team Fighting)||Vayne is at her strongest during the late phase. If you haven't ended the game by now, think of what you can do to end it. Take baron, secure dragon or group up and siege a lane.|
At this point you should be able to 1vs1 or 1vs2 anyone in the game. Position yourself correctly in team fights so you are at the heart or back of your team. Do not try to 1vs5 and engage on the enemy team solo as this will lose you the game. Farm up, punish those who overextend and play with your team.
1. End the game