[2.4b] A Baron Lane Jax Guide! [V2.3]
- Can duel almost all champions in mid and late game because Jax relies on basic attacks to deal damage and also can dodge auto-attacks with his 3rd ability.
- Has a great toughness and damage.
- Has a gap closer and auto-attack reset.
- Fast at pushing turrets.
- Strong in extended fights.
- Has a very simple kit overall.
- Very little AOE.
- Vulnerable against Crowd Controls.
- Sometimes can be bad during teamfights.
- Can be more squishy when the duration of his ult and his 3rd ability wear off.
- Can be kited easily and bad against champions that have high mobility.
Best Build Guide for Jax
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
Jax is a tanky skirmisher hybrid. Jax should build 2-3 offensive items, and also 2-4 defensive items. Building more than 3 offensive items can make you way squishy in teamfights, while building more than 4 defensive items can make you deal no damage at all.
- Long Sword is always the best starting item for Jax, as you can build it in every matchup.
- Ruby Crystal is the one that you can buy if you aren't confident with your matchup. You can build it against what you think is a lane bully for you or matchups you can't do well.
Note: I know that Ruby Crystal doesn't build into some offensive items that are good for Jax like Trinity Force and Blade of the Ruined King but pretty much don't sell it, as you might use it to build other good items.
The glorious Trinity Force is always, the best core item for Jax. It offers every stats that Jax needs including damage, some health for durability, attack speed, and ability haste with the Spellblade passive. You should always rush it as your first item every time except if you are rushing Blade of the Ruined King as your first item which is also OK in some situations, even though I rarely do that.
BOOTS & ENCHANTMENTS
- Plated Steelcaps and Mercury's Treads are always the boots for Jax as it offers the matchup-specific defensive stat that Jax needs. You need to choose either one of them depending on your matchup. Mercury's Treads is still good to AP team compositions even though they don't offer a lot of CC. Tenacity doesn't reduce the duration of some CC effects like airborne and nearsight.
- Gluttonous Greaves Is also a viable option. Don't forget that you can be a little bit more squishy by choosing this boots option. These boots are optimal if you really dominate the opponent or champions that I listed as "easy" in the matchups. Because it gives you hybrid vamps, I always buy Sterak's Gage as my second item when I chose these boots.
For the Enchantments, It's free of your choice. But for me, I like Glorious Enchant the most. I just don't like to choose for Redeeming Enchant and Shadows Enchant the most because they are more "utility-based" and not optimal for Jax, however, Locket Enchant is fine in my opinion as it can save you multiple times or even help you win a team fight with that, especially if you're feeding. However, it was all just my opinions. So feel free.
- Glorious Enchant is my preferred enchantment. Is good for chasing down your opponents or initiating a team fight.
- Gargoyle Enchant is good if you prefer being tanky, especially if you want to be a tank or if you build many defensive items.
- Stasis Enchant highly situational, but good if they have so many bursts and you want to deny them.
- Locket Enchant an item that offers a really good team fighting power can also be a replacement if you need a shield and don't have the barrier spell in the lane.
- Teleport Enchant in Wild Rift, teleport is now an item. It is good if you want to push another lane quickly, like if you just finished baron and the enemy were still in the map's baron lane side so you can teleport to the dragon lane and push it. Sometimes you also can use this when after you finished a team fight, and the enemy is in the other side of the map so you can teleport to that lane to defend your turrets.
- Protobelt Enchant . Like Glorious Enchant , this is an engaging tool as well. I think glorious is better but I think this is still a viable option.
- Quicksilver Enchant is a good enchantment for him since it solves Jax's vulnerability to crowd controls. Be sure to buy this if the enemies have so many hard CC as they can CC-chain you for ages all the way until you die and ended up called useless by your team.
- Death's Dance is a really good item for Jax to buy after finishing Trinity Force. The lifesteal that the item offers and the drain passive is really good for Jax.
- Blade of the Ruined King is a really popular item for Jax. Some players also rush it as their first item. It offers so much dueling power for him. As of V2.1A, the item got a nice change for melee fighters especially Jax. The buff it got is massive that I think, I will buy that item more than before because I was actually not a big fan of the item before. But still, I don't see this item as a core item for him yet, as at some point I will still opt for Death's Dance or other defensive items when feeding/losing lane.
- Sterak's Gage is a popular item, especially for fighters, and Jax can use it well. The health that this item offer and the lifeline passive just offer Jax so much durability, makes him thrive more in team fights. You should build this in every game, as it serves as both a defensive and an offensive item.
- Guardian Angel . Do I need to explain this? This is a nice item for him; even if it was nerfed so bad a while ago. It's just inefficient against team compositions that have very low AD and high AP.
- Black Cleaver is a really good item to shred enemy tanks. Some of you might say that it is not optimal because it shares one of the same unique passive with Trinity Force which is rage. Yes, it is true and not optimal if you buy those two items at the same time for some champions like Darius . but Jax can, It is a good item for him if the enemy has so many tanks that stack armor like Malphite or just have so many amounts of armor. Also, in reality, this item's gold efficiency is right over 100% which is approximately 104.8%(on Wild Rift) without the passive. Also by buying this item, it improves the rage passive as now you also get the movement speed by just dealing damage ( Leap Strike , Counter Strike ), not only auto-attacking.
- Hextech Gunblade is a really situational item. The healing is good as it also heals the magic damage from your Grandmaster's Might and Empower and increases the damage. It also has an item passive that deals damage. Sometimes you can build this but just you can't be too squishy in team fights. Just note that when you are using this item, it gives you 60 AP which is so much, so if you are using runes like gathering storm, brutal, or hunter - vampirism, it might give you AP or magic penetration instead.
- The release of Wit's End is an indirect major buff for Jax since you won't need to buy items like Spirit Visage or FON. Served as both offensive and defensive item. I don't really recommend buying this against a team composition that has no AP. Still can buy this if they are AD but have some mixed damage like yourself, Irelia, Varus, etc.
- Sunfire Aegis is now a viable item because you can auto-attack so fast because of the buff that Jax got for his passive.
- Frozen Mallet is situational but good if you are against champions that can kite you well or other champions like Singed , or if you don't want them to escape you easily.
- Spirit Visage is a solid item choice against high AP team compositions. The healing passive itself is good if you have lifesteal items or triumph.
- Force of Nature . Like the late adaptive helm, it is good against DOT(Damage over time) abilities that deal magic damage( Fizz 's passive, Teemo 's Toxic Shot and Noxious Trap , Singed 's Poison Trail , and Liandry's Torment . The extra movement speed is also really good, so it will be harder to be kited by AP champions.
- Randuin's Omen is a solid choice against AD team compositions, especially if some of them use auto-attack mostly to deal damage and 2 or more of their champions crit or one of them is really fed.
- Thornmail . is an excellent item choice against AD champions that use auto-attack mostly to deal damage and can heal a lot(E.G Draven and Master Yi ). The new passive also triggers grievous wounds when you CC an enemy, which is possible with your Counter Strike that made this even a better item as it also doesn't lose its old passive.
- Frozen Heart is a defensive item mainly to counter champions that auto-attack a lot. In wild rift, champions who deal damage with auto-attacks don't necessarily build crit items. So, this is a really solid defensive option against AD team comps. It also works against champions like Darius, Camille, Fiora, and others. The mana it gives is also not bad.
WHY OTHER ITEMS AREN'T HERE?
I understand that some of you might be asking that some items aren't here because, in my opinion, they are not that good with Jax. So here are some of them with my opinions on why they are not included.
- Dead Man's Plate is really not optimal, like no at all. Yes, I know that the mobility you got from this item is good, But most of the time Jax buys Glorious Enchant , so you don't need this item. This item is good if you're playing jungle Jax, but not for Baron lane.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade is like Dead Man's Plate, but the offensive option. The reason for this is pretty much like dead man's plate. Good for jungle Jax but not for baron lane.
- Mortal Reminder is a grievous wound physical item. It is bad as it doesn't give you any durability or even sustain. Just consider buying Thornmail than this item, please.
- Maw of Malmortius , most of the time is outshined by Sterak's Gage . You can replace Sterak's Gage with this item sometimes if the enemies are full AP.
- AP Items offer you more damage on 3 of your abilities but the problem is you mostly will be squishy. If you only buy even one or two AP Items you won't deal any damage. The only exception of them is Hextech Gunblade , since it also gives you AD and hybrid vamps which are nice.
- Crit Items. Never. Buy them. As Jax.
Best Runes for Jax
Please note that the runes above are not matchup specific and are just solid choices, as you shall change them depending on the matchup. Always take Conqueror for your keystone. Jax can stack his attack speed fast because of his passive and he mostly deals with damage with his basic attacks.
The other inefficient off-meta possible keystones are Electrocute , Fleet Footwork , Grasp of the Undying , Aftershock , and [kleptomancy] but they're almost useless for him or just outshined by conqueror so much.
Among all of the inefficient keystones, you maybe can use Grasp of the Undying or Fleet Footwork , against some matchups that you can't utilize Conqueror well like Kennen and Akali . When using those two runes against matchups like that, it can be better than conqueror. Grasp lets you stack health in the early game, and Fleet to help your sustain during the early game.
1ST SLOT (DOMINATION)
HUNT AND ELIMINATE PREY
- The most optimal rune for Jax. The amount of AD and the physical penetration(%) it gives on the early game is excellent. Good on any matchups.
- An excellent sustain rune, good for early skirmishes. It gives you more sustain during team fights. It is also useful for dueling in the early game, as it gives you a little more damage to low-health enemies and also can help you survive after you kill your enemies. E.G you just killed Darius in your lane, and you were low as you were on full stacks of [darius:passive] and the damage is going to kill you. But with Triumph, it can save your life. Good on any matchups.
- An excellent rune for extra sustain during the laning phase and team fights. Just note that it won't heal you for the magic damage you dealt. Good on any matchups.
2ND SLOT (RESOLVE)
- A good rune to stack your health. The tenacity it gives is also excellent for all matchups as now all champions have crowd controls or slow. Good on any matchups.
- A good rune that works really well against poke heavy lanes or lane bullies.
- Take this rune if your matchup is engage heavy.
- Like hunter - titan, this rune is a really solid rune and can be played into any matchups.
- A special excellent rune against champions that have slows.
- For you, if you who don't know the difference what Tenacity and Slow Resistance do to slows:
- Tenacity reduces the duration, meaning if you are slowed for 6 seconds and by 60%, and if you have 50% Tenacity, it will only reduce the duration to 3 seconds, and keep you slowed for 60%.
- Slow resistance is the opposite. It reduces the slow effect, so if you are slowed for 60% and you have 20% Slow resistance, the slow will be reduced to 48%.
- A good rune that provides early game sustain. Good against lane bullies.
- Sometimes not optimal but sometimes really good. For example, the majority of your enemy is full AP and your lane matchup is the only AD there, and you don't want to build any armor items and just MR items, this rune really shines against team compositions like that.
3RD SLOT (INSPIRATION)
OUTWIT MERE MORTALS
- As ability haste is a big nerf to CDR, your abilities will refresh slower. This is a good rune to stack your ability haste. Good on any matchups.
- Jax is an excellent pusher as his passive helps him to destroy turrets fast. Using this rune will make you faster destroying it by 10% and also grant more gold and XP.
- Excellent rune against lane bullies or just for a better early game.
How to distribute skill points
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
A typical gap-close combo for Jax.
Use your Counter Strike then jump to your enemy with your Leap Strike . Sometimes you can do use Counter Strike after using Leap Strike if you are not sure. Do an auto-attack and reset it quickly with you Empower . After that, quickly recast your Counter Strike to end it to stun your enemies, or if they are still in your area of Counter Strike , just wait until the duration comes off.
This is a "poke" combo for Jax. This is one of the best combos to damage your enemies while losing but is also dangerous because you sometimes can lose your health a lot or even die. Engage your enemy with your Leap Strike and Empower . Then run and use your Counter Strike . If you are suffering too much damage, use your Grandmaster's Might also.
Note: Even if you're losing, don't use this against some matchups. You sometimes also can use this even though you're winning.
Stack your Relentless Assault attack speed on minions, then engage your enemies so you have the attack speed advantage.
Just a simple combo if you wanted to do a short trade against your enemy.
Jax Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
Yes, I know how good Camille is compared to Jax in the meta right now. But Jax is still, Cammile's worst nightmare. Try to dodge her Precision Protocol , especially the true damage one with your Counter Strike , and always look for a trade her after that until she can't do anything. If you did block it, you won the trade and then you can continue to destroy her. It's just victory at that point.
Easy matchup. When he looked for a trade, he always uses his Spinning Slash to engage you. But most of the time, you can make him regret his decision since Tryndamere damage is so low without his rage stacked, as you can prevent him from stacking it with your Counter Strike . And if you did, he will most likely retreat.
When he tries to dive you with his Undying Rage , use your Counter Strike so you can dodge all of his auto-attacks. When the duration of your Counter Strike wear off and you're at low health, also use your ult. You also can buy an early locket in this matchup if you think that he will dive you so many times but it most likely will be impossible as Jax beats him in lane.
Since his primary damage come from crits, you can buy Randuin's Omen .
Easy matchup. When he tries to all-in you with his Audacious Charge , use your Counter Strike INSTANTLY to dodge all of his Three Talon Strike auto-attacks. Then trade back, as he doesn't have any abilities to escape and just gap close.
He can farm easily from long-range with his Dragon Strike and he also can poke you with that. Try to dodge it. When he uses his full combo to you (3>1>Ult), activate your Counter Strike and Grandmaster's Might , trade back, and then it shouldn't be a big problem for you, as after he uses his combo his Demacian Standard and Dragon Strike is on cooldown.
When he wanted to look a trade for you, keep in mind that you still can react when he puts down his Demacian Standard in front of you before you got knocked up by his Dragon Strike . When you saw him using Demacian Standard in front of you, quickly use your Counter Strike so he will miss his Martial Cadence empowered auto-attack.
Everyone knows how she engages. So, when you see she using her Crescent Strike against you, and you're in the middle of the lane if she continues to dash to you with her Lunar Rush , quickly use your Counter Strike and then trade back.
But, she can be a real problem in team fights as she has a better ability to team fight than you with her Moonfall .
You can buy Blade of the Ruined King to kill her easily during the laning phase.
P.S if she's gonna get nerfed because she's so broken in the mid lane, I just really hope It's her ult because she can lose some of her team fighting power there.
See her casting her E? Used ult to you and hit it? Use your Counter Strike to claim your free win.
Invest an early Executioner's Calling for him. He is at his worst in the early game but yet also not that easy to kill. Jax obviously has a better early game than him. During the laning phase, try to dodge his empowered auto-attack with your Counter Strike and then engage him as usual. As with the newest update, Mundo really becomes a monster once he gets his Sunfire Aegis . At this point, you really need to buy magic resistance items like Spirit Visage and Force of Nature so you can stand the Sunfire aegis damage since both Mundo and Jax shine in extended fights. Also, you can buy Blade of the Ruined King and Black Cleaver, so you can shred him faster.
When you're freezing or slow pushing the lane, he still can farm to kill minions with his Infected Cleaver . To prevent this, well, sometimes you need to make it hit you instead so he can't farm.
Sometimes you have to retreat when he used his Sadism at full health and wait for the duration is gone.
Garen is so good on the early game. He will sometimes try to engage you with his Decisive Strike and Judgment combined and then back off. Always try to dodge his Decisive Strike with your Counter Strike as always but sometimes, when you even try engage him even after when you know he used his Decisive Strike , or dodged it, and it's on CD, he still can use his Judgment to deal a lot of damage to you while engaging him. Regeneration works for early game sustain here, as Garen really falls off in the late game.
Also don't stay low under your tower for too long, as he can use his Demacian Justice to you to finish you off.
He's a late-game champion and is so bad during the early game. Take advantage of the early game and (yes, try to) bully him like slow-pushing and freezing. You can start to slow push or freeze the wave if the wave is near your turret. To make it happen, let him push the first wave.
I don't recommend you to just go aggressively against him early game because you will get the aggro of minions and it can make the wave pushed to his side, which you don't want. Plus, Jax is more of a late-game champion, so if you wanna punish him during the early game, consider picking champions like Garen, Darius, and Pantheon.
Invest an early Executioner's Calling or Bramble Vest which you can continue to Thornmail if the enemy also has some AD. Blade of the Ruined King works well against him. Try to dodge his Siphoning Strike with your Counter Strike .
In most cases when he used his ult, disengage.
An early Executioner's Calling or Bramble Vest is mandatory. Think twice before engaging him as he can just use his Ragnarok to make him immune to your Counter Strike stun. Even if you engage him while his ult or still not level 5 yet, you most likely won't win the trade because he can keep spamming his Undertow in front of your face.
However, this is winnable. Just play safe for the first few minutes and once you get 2-3 items (one of them must be grievous wounds), you can duel him easily.
Regeneration and spirit walker are possible for this matchup. I also recommend you to continue your Bramble Vest to thornmail if about 3 of the enemy champions are AD.
It is really dangerous if you all-in him as he can just use his full combo to wreck you up. If you wanna engage him, make sure that the wave is on your side so it's safer. Please don't buy Blade of the Ruined King as your second item on this matchup. Instead, buy items like Sterak's Gage and Death's Dance so you can survive his full combo engage better and then you can trade back.
When all-inning him, he will most likely use his Blinding Dart . Please note that his Blinding Dart blind duration is 1.25 seconds, and your Counter Strike is 2 seconds, so when you got blinded while all-inning him, let your Counter Strike duration worn off by itself, so the duration of your Counter Strike will most likely end almost the same time with his blind duration. You definitely win the trade if his blind duration worn off faster than your Counter Strike .
Auto-attack him as many as you can after the duration of his blind worn off and don't forget to retreat when needed. Also, buy oracle lens so you can clear his stupid mushrooms. Regeneration and Adaptive Helm works.
This matchup is around medium and hard. He can kites you easily. When engaging him with your Counter Strike , he can just dash back. Because of that, when you land your full combo, activate your Counter Strike as soon as possible so he is stunned. If he actually used his Quickdraw before, then you don't need to activate it early.
Rush Phage for this matchup.
When you try to engage him, he most likely will use his Shield Vault on you and try to run away, so quickly activate again your Counter Strike before he got the chance to run. His engage is pretty simple, 2>1>3. It is really possible to trade back after he engaged you.
When you're maybe under your tower, he can poke you with his long-range Comet Spear . If you see him charging that skill, try to walk up and down to avoid getting hit by it. It deals MASSIVE damage when you're in low health.
The reason why you really need phage, because of his Aegis Assault . With the extra movement speed you got from phage, you can get to his back a lot easier.
Lastly, so many Pantheon players (trust me guys, I tested this by myself already) don't realize that the bonus damage from his Mortal Will -empowered Shield Vault counts as an on-hit, so when he used his empowered S2 to you while your Counter Strike is still live, The whole bonus damage is fully DODGED.
That's why some Pantheon players actually build Blade of the Ruined King and Sunfire Aegis on him. It triggers on-hit effect three times, meaning it can crit and Blade of the Ruined King passive instantly activates, and also, Sunfire's Aegis' shockwave damage is triggered three times.
He might look like a lane bully, but he's actually not a really big deal. His heal on his Cull The Meek is basically nothing compared to the pc as it doesn't scale with AD making his late game even worse.
You can buy grievous wounds items on this matchup.
Kinda unwinnable. She can easily kite you with her Five Point Strike or just she can deal damage without even getting damaged. If you try to engage her with your Leap Strike and Counter Strike , she can easily use her Shuriken Flip to dodge it and then use her full combo to you after your Counter Strike duration is done. Her Twilight Shroud is also annoying.
Just really, play passively on this matchup. Avoid getting hit by any of her abilities when you're playing passively.
When you wanna play safely under your tower, kinda useless since she can poke you with her Five Point Strike , and when you're low enough, she can use her full combo.
I recommend you use regeneration for this matchup to increase your chance of surviving during the laning phase.
Singed is very different from all other baron laners. He can kite you easily because of his first ability Poison Trail , this becomes worse when he bought Rylai's Crystal Scepter . He also can escape you easily, since his Insanity Potion provide him a lot of movement speed. If really want to 1v1 him, you should at least destroy the first turret and get items like Force of Nature and Death's Dance . In the lane, NEVER take short trades or engage him while he's on the other side of the lane, unless his health is very low and you think you can kill him in one combo.
This champion got nerfed few patches ago but still, it doesn't change so much about his matchup against Jax, since Jax is one of the easiest matchups for Kennen. These are just some tips from me:
You can rush Hexdrinker during the laning phase. Because of that, it's also ok if you buy Null-Magic Mantle as your first/starting item. If the enemy is also AP heavy, you can also just upgrade it to Maw of Malmortius since he has a lot of CC and can burst you simultaneously.
It's so risky to engage him so think twice before doing that, As he can use all of his combos back. Play around his cooldowns.
Because of that, play safe in the early game. You should be able to out damage him in duels in the mid to late games. But still, it's a big problem that he is still better in team fights than you, as he can stun and damage all of your team at once. Try to kill him first before starting a team fight. He sometimes just come out from the back and ults everyone which is annoying. Because of that, you also can pick [exhaust] as your secondary summoner spell, so you can reduce his damage when he does an all-in in team fights.
Hunter - Titan is so good as it gives you tenacity but regeneration is also good since he is a lane bully.
He wins early, you win late.
What makes this matchup is hard is that Yasuo is extremely mobile. When you look for a trade, you will use your Counter Strike , but he can easily escape it with his Sweeping Blade when he uses it on minions. Yes, Jax's Counter Strike dodge his Steel Tempest , but you mostly don't know when he's going to cast it. He dominates and out damage you during the early game. My only tip here is to use runes like regeneration and sweet tooth. Play safe is better than just giving him a free kill and just hope that your jungle can turn the table for you by ganking your lane.
I admit he is disgusting to play against. Your Counter Strike fully blocks the damage of his Drunken Rage . It's so hard to look for an extended trade against him, as his Barrel Roll slows you and his Body Slam knocks you back. Maybe, if you destroyed their turret, you can buy Frozen Mallet as your second item.
Honestly, who doesn't hate to play against this champion? He loves short trades, make you eat his Seismic Shard so many times that is totally unavoidable, and can just avoid extended trades easily since when you lane against him you feel like his Seismic Shard has no cooldown at all. And well, when you're low enough, he can just jump to your ass even under your tower. Plus in the games where he uses aery, better you ask riot to add a dodge feature in champ select.
Because of that, regeneration and spirit walker are possible.
Don't be afraid to engage him because you're Jax.
When he started to engage you with his Apprehend , use your Counter Strike ASAP so his Crippling Strike won't do any damage. If you think you can't activate your Counter Strike after he landed his full combo, then try to predict his Apprehend . After all, use you Leap Strike and Empower to damage him for a while and then go back. Keep repeating this until you can get a moment where you can finish him off. When he was about to use his Decimate , and you know that it's going to hit you, you have two choices here. You can jump to him and look for a trade, or if you want to back off, use your Leap Strike on a minion to escape if you didn't want to look for trade with him.
Always max your Counter Strike first for this matchup so you can use it more often on trades.
Always take barrier on this matchup so you can be saved if you were on full Hemorrhage stack and you know he's going to ult you.
Regeneration, spirit walker, and triumph are so possible in this matchup.
I don't remember that I met Fiora as Jax in my ranked games. But I think she will try to Riposte your Counter Strike stun when you all-in her. Also, your Counter Strike dodges her passive vitals including her Grand Challenge vitals as it counts as an auto-attack. But for some reason, her Lunge still goes through your dodge.
A mirror matchup. you shall always play around cooldowns as he has the same kit as yours.
She will try to look to use her Condemn to you on a wall if possible and then all-ins you. Try to use your Counter Strike ASAP when she did that. After that, you can try to all-in her back, but it is better to all in her after when she used her Condemn , she immediately used her Tumble . Take regeneration. Frozen Mallet works.
PLEASE READ THIS TIP FIRST:
Please, don't be toxic. Being toxic is just useless as it literally can do nothing to change the situation. You don't meet "bad" teammates every game. Why? For example, your whole team lane is losing, and you're the only one that wins. What can you do? Type in all chat to report your teammates and call them idiots because they're only losing lanes? Losing a lane is totally normal and you can't just win every lane. If you just use the excuse of "I would've been challenger, even the best player in the world if I meet good teammates but I just meet trashes every game".. or "If only I have "good" players in my team, I would've won every single fucking game". Do you actually forget, aside from those excuses, you also have been called bad or idiot by your former teammates before? Those excuses will just stop you from improving. Being toxic such as "Just uninstall the game", will definitely break their heart, tilting them, and losing their will to even play the game. Aside from what I said, If your teammate is feeding INTENTIONALLY, I have no mercy to them and just report them because they aren't even trying and just mean to troll. Also, if you meet a toxic teammate, just mute them :)
In the early game, focus to destroy the first turret of Baron Lane first. It is very important for you as it actually gives you so many golds and can bully your opponent even more after that. After destroying it, you can either freeze the lane so your opponent can't farm or just let him push and then kill them. Or lastly, you can just roam to other lanes, to completely end the laning phase.
During the early game, when your jungler and mid laner force a skirmish on the river, be sure to join it because you don't want your laner might get 2 kills for free. Or if you think that if even you join the fight you can't win them, because maybe they got champions like Lee Sin and Akali, just ping your teammates to retreat because as I said before, Jax is BAD against champions that have high mobility since they can avoid your Counter Strike easily.
To prevent your laner from roaming, be sure to place a ward near the Baron pit or near the river, so when they roam, you also can roam. But if your laner roamed already and you had no idea and there's a team fight already near the dragon pit, PLEASE, don't go to dragon pit because it might be too late for you anyway. Just focus on pushing the turret so you can still be useful as it also gains more gold, so even if your laner come back to your lane after roaming, at least their turret are gone since Jax is fast at pushing and there's not much gold difference even after they get some kills during the roam.
This is important if you wanna roam during the laning phase, because either you're snowballing or winning, or whatsoever, as a baron laner you need to make sure the minion wave in your lane was pushed. You don't want when you come back to your lane, your tower is gone.
Note that Jax's passive Relentless Assault also works on the turret, which means that he is a really powerful pusher. And also unlike in the PC version, Jax's Empower also deals more damage to structures which made him an ideal pusher.
After you end the laning phase, so many team fights are going to start. You have two choices here, you can just join the team fight, or split push! Split pushing is always better than joining a team fight, especially if you're actually feeding, as it can impact the game more when you're feeding.
If you want to contact me, my discord is DumbNoobHuman#2210. If you wanna add me, please talk to me first, otherwise, I won't accept it.
Introduction of words that I might use here or above:
AD: Attack Damage
AP: Ability Power
Bonus AD: Attack damage that is gained through runes, items, buffs(base is not counted)
AH: Ability Haste
CD: Cooldown, the amount of time for an ability to refresh.
Passive - Relentless Assault
Each time Jax auto-attacks an enemy, he gains 3.6 Attack speed for 3 seconds at level 1 and stacks up to 8 times. The amount of attack speed gained per stack is increased by 0.6 per level, or simply these numbers in order.
3.6 / 4.2 / 4.8 / 5.4 / 6 / 6.6 / 7.2 / 7.8 / 8.4 / 9 / 9.6 / 10.2 / 10.8 / 11.4 / 12%.
The duration of it refreshes every time you auto-attack. This also means that you need to auto-attack 8 times in order to get the full stacks or the maximum attack speed which is:
28.8 / 33.6 / 38.4 / 43.2 / 48 / 52.8 / 57.6 / 62.4 / 67.2 / 72 / 76.8 / 81.6 / 86.4 / 91.2 / 96%.
1st Ability - Leap Strike
Jax leaps to a unit, dealing physical damage if it's an enemy, meaning that he also can cast this to allied champions or minions. For more details:
Physical Damage: 55 / 110 / 165 / 220 + 100% AD + 60% AP
Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 seconds
Cost: 65 mana
This ability is used to gap close, or sometimes to escape ganks since you can use it on an allied minion. Never max this first or second.
2nd Ability - Empower
Jax empowers his next basic attack if used within 7 seconds, to deal bonus magic damage and gain bonus range. For more details:
Magic Damage: 45 / 80 / 135 / 180 + 60% AP
Cooldown: 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 seconds
Cost: 30 mana
This ability is mostly used right after you land an auto-attack on your enemy, to reset your auto-attack. You can max this ability first if you're playing aggressively or against easy matchups. Max second if you max your Counter Strike first.
3rd Ability - Counter Strike
Jax enters a defensive state, causing all non-turret basic attacks against him to be dodged for 2 seconds. At the end of the duration, Jax stuns and dealing physical damage to all of the enemies that are inside it. It also can be recast after 1 second, causing it to end the stance early. The more auto-attack dodged at the duration, the more physical damage that he will deal. For more details:
Physical Damage: 60 / 115 / 170 / 225 + 50% AD (20%, up to 100% for each attack dodged)
Cooldown: 14 / 12 / 10 / 8 seconds
Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 mana
Most impactful Jax ability, as it dodges every auto-attack. You can max this as your first ability if you wanna play more defensively or passive. Every point added to this skill reduces the cooldown greatly. You can max this first in any matchups. Max your Empower second if you max this first.
Ultimate - Grandmaster's Might
Passive: Jax's basic attacks grant a stack for 2.5 seconds, stacking up to 2 times. And refreshing it for every auto-attacks. After 2 stacks, the next basic attack Jax deals bonus magic damage.
Active: Jax gains increased armor and magic resistance for 8 seconds.
For more details:
Magic Damage : 100 / 140 / 180 + 70% AP
Armor: 30 / 50 / 70 + 50% Bonus AD
Magic Resistance: 30 / 50 / 70 + 20% AP
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 60 seconds
The active makes you really tanky. Always use the active at the right time. Don't use it if you are doing some short trades.