[2.3] Soraka Guide - Goat Mom's Babysitting Guide
Goat Mom's Babysitting Guide
- Best healing with her ult and heal.
- Decent CC with Starcall and Equinox
- Hard to master
- Easy to counter
Best Build Guide for Soraka
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
Boots of Speed
if you're crazy speed
Amplifying Tome for normal Soraka ;
Always buy Harmonic Echo ; go Redeeming Enchant if you need an early advantage for objective fights; full build is situational, so is the item order, applies to both ambulance and normal Soraka .
Rod of Ages is good but only when you need more mana and tankiness than something more direct like armor and magic resist, if you find yourself being targeted feel free to rush the tank options in the guide ( Dead Man's Plate , Protector's Vow or Spirit Visage ) you being a target makes it easy for the enemies to walk into your baits, your Equinox and potentially getting aced by your team for targeting you.
If you're struggling with your team staying alive go Harmonic Echo first, if your team is barely killing the enemy or there are many tanks, go Ardent Censer .
[stasis enchant] is only good if you're being extremely targeted and can't stay alive ever. Go Tear of the Goddess if you're running out of mana too often if you don't have Manaflow Band this is usually my go-to, you can either go tank with Winter's Approach or Archangel's Staff for damage, I've never built any of these options as Tear of the Goddess is already a good option, so feel free to build something else after you got Tear of the Goddess
Best Runes for Soraka
Gathering Storm for scaling ap, Weakness vs teams with a lot of tanks; You can use either Manaflow Band Pack Hunter or [sweet tooth] if you feel like you'll be bullied in lane; Manaflow Band depends if you struggle with mana. You can use Second Wind vs pokey lanes (like Lux or Lulu ) this keeps you full hp no matter what as long as you hit your Starcall, and you can use Bone Plating vs burst lanes ( Pantheon , Blitzcrank , Leona , etc)
runes, use either
if they have many tanks.
Pathfinder is essential. You can use Second Wind vs pokey lanes (like Lux or Lulu ) this keeps you full hp no matter what as long as you hit your Starcall, and you can use Bone Plating vs burst lanes ( Pantheon , Blitzcrank , Leona , etc)
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
Grants juvenation to ally, which gives them regeneration together with the heal, good for early game.
If you need to ult first, use your expanded starcall to slow people and force them to get snared into your equinox
Your starcall has expanded range after you heal allies 3 times, this also applies to items and your ult, so you can do this quick combo to get 2 expanded starcalls in, assuming you hit the redemption in 3 allies.
Equinox snares are hard to master but guarantee a starcall hit.
Soraka Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
Don't trade early game, if he uses his Comet Spear and combo, heal your adc and engage, he'll most likely lose the fight and you'll have an advantage for the rest of the game, his Grand Starfall is very predictable and you can Equinox him if you time it right.
Slow, Easy to avoid, hard to deal with if he has a decent adc, bursting him out of lane is a good option, if your team is dumb he can win a fight with a good Glacial Fissure ; Team reliant.
Meat wall with no meat, he's annoying but relies on follow ups, you can just damage him non-stop and he'll probably die, if he has a good team just try to avoid getting The Quickness or Grand Entrance and keep your team alive, positioning is key on this one.
Early game potato, mid-late game beast, he can defend his team very well, try to avoid getting Headbutt into their team, Equinox under your team to annoy him and snare him if he stays there.
If she's good you're screwed, if you're good you're still screwed, she has one burst, and that's about it, try to have gold advantage, nothing much on this match up, just dodge and weave till she's out of mana and engage, ward late game and avoid getting one shot.
Annoying, can outrange you, winnable lane but relies on adc follow ups, if she has a good team that follows on Crescendo your late game is hard, just try to keep your team alive better than her.
God if she has a carry, Minion if her team is bad, you can out-damage and out-heal her in terms of small fights, but late game she can be a problem, try to get an early advantage on this one, specially before getting your Wish and her Wild Growth .
Keep your distance and keep your health up, avoid team gatherings and try to keep your team alive to survive her full combo, not a major threat.
Big damage, tanks you, bursts your adc and you, and your family, hard to deal with in general, play around your jungler or roam to help your team, this guy is impossible to deal with it in lane unless you got a god adc. His Winds Of War deals a lot of damage and all you can do is keep yourself fully healed with rejuvenation and your adc too, try to avoid getting caught in his Justice Punch and you should be decently well for fights.
Annoying, Hard to deal with, you have to be very good and have a good adc to win vs her. Keep your distance if your not confident on your adc and try to poke her adc instead, if she's good she'll always Eye Of The Storm her adc so, just play safe and win with gold advantage
With her recent buff Leona has seen more play, be careful as she's now way more likely to one shot your adc, play it safe and play for objectives and poking, don't overextend and never face check any bushes, flash her ult if you need to.
If the seraphine is good you're reliant on your adc not being bad at dodging, trading with her is difficult, but not impossible if you dodge her skills and she's out of mana. in teamfights try to zone her out with your silence, or coordinate with your team to not get caught by her Encore or pick her off before teamfights, try to avoid being too close to your teammates to not get caught in her Encore .
Annoying early game child, play defensively behind your team, try to heal them from her burst, ward when possible late-game and avoid getting picked off, early game is adc reliant.
Baby champ, don't get Rocket Grab , if he's good he'll rush you with Overdrive and Power Fist first, Equinox and snare if possible, you can outrun him with your Starcall 's slow. If your team is bad, you'll lose, his Rocket Grab can end games, there's nothing much you can do on this one
A good nami bullies you, if you're good, you bully her, trades are often with this one, nothing to do other than land Starcall and outheal her, ward often, this champ relies on Tidal Wave and ganks often, late game just hope your team doesn't get picked off by her Aqua Prison or Tidal Wave .
Better goat mom wins
General Tips & Tricks
- Your Starcall provides vision, if your good at targeting and you're on the non-mirrored side you can steal the enemy vision plant without needing to ward.
- Position, Vision and Keeping you and your team alive are key, you gotta learn how to position yourself well to do well on Soraka , she's a squishy enchanter with big rewards and big risks.
- If you have a duo you do much better, follow ups on an aggressive Soraka can win lanes very quickly, not only in bottom lane but other lanes.
- Predicting people's movements with Equinox is also important, when you master it, it's a snare not a silence, it's a game changer in objective fights, and nuisance for early game fights.
- Use Starcall slow to your advantage, people underestimate Soraka 's cc potential, use that to your advantage.
- Pay attention to your map, vision is a support's priority, you have to learn how to periodically warn your team of possible threats with wards and pings.
- Pocket Heal the carry, See if someone is good or a possible carry, try to keep them alive as much as possible, these people win you games.
- Your Astral Infusion prioritizes the lowest hp, just tap if you need to quick heal, if you need precise healing I recommend smart aiming it instead, tho this helps in hectic fights.
- Level according to the match, this guides uses my most used skill leveling path, but that's not what I go every match, if your lvl 1 Astral Infusion is being enough, level Starcall if your team is dying too fast or your adc is carrying but takes too much damage, level Astral Infusion first
Try to outheal the enemy support with Starcall 's rejuvenation and Astral Infusion or ruin the enemy adc's gold advantage by zoning them with Starcall and Equinox , if your adc is good you can prioritize zoning them, pay attention to your mana at all times, if you're running out of mana too often, try buying Tear of the Goddess or and try to stay in lane before level 5 for your Wish and gold advantage, ward when you can and if you see the enemy jungler in the other side of the map try to ward deeper, pay attention to the map so you can help your jungler if it's early game and try to get to that 1100 gold recall when you can for Lost Chapter and Blasting Wand . Once you get your Wish , start paying attention to other lanes while micro managing yours, see the teams health bar and try to Wish to save other laners IF YOU CAN SAVE THEM, do not waste your Wish on bad players.
Roam between lanes while putting wards, this is risky but you want to keep your whole team alive while maintaining map advantage, if your team is winning you can prioritize pocket healing the carry with Astral Infusion , if your jungler is good you can help him bully the enemy team, overall, Astral Infusion , Wish , Redeeming Enchant , repeat
Assuming you got to this point, your team is either A: bad at taking turrets, B: Losing or C: in a stalemate.
- if A, Try to keep them alive for sieges, someday you'll take the enemy nexus and win.
- If B: Try to play safe in turrets, don't follow your team without vision, don't get picked off, try to keep them alive with Astral Infusion while zoning the enemy away with Equinox , look for a good teamfight and win the game in a single fight.
- If C: Use Redeeming Enchant for every fight, try to Wish when your team is half hp, watch out for grievious wounds and Astral Infusion early if you need to, use Equinox 's snare to it's full potential, if you catch 2 people out of position you can win the game.
Late game objectives: try to keep your team alive, baron kills you very fast, dragon is a bit safer, so don't go too close for it, and also try to keep enemy team zoned out with Starcall and Equinox if they're still alive.
- This is a full speed Soraka strat I came up with after a losing streak with average build, this build is to counter solo queue stupidity. Your early game is totally skipped, your priority is try to keep in between lanes with your adc, the river and jungle and mid if possible, you wanna roam as much as you can with Boots of Swiftness and [ghost] so you can heal your team and ruin 1x1s. If you wanna be a nuisance, go annoy the enemy jungler by Starcall and Equinox him in scuttle or cancelling his buff fights by baiting it and Starcall out of the fight, this is a risky playstyle that I do not recommend.
- Mid game is pretty much the same as average with the exception you have double the speed of an average Soraka with Boots of Swiftness and [ghost], your priority is being annoying and heal your team in the process, if you notice you're getting targetted (which happens a lot in this strat), build Dead Man's Plate or Spirit Visage and be tank Soraka , but you need to have Redeeming Enchant and Harmonic Echo before this; Being tanky is good because you can be a nuisance and play aggressively while also being weirdly tanky if you get jumped on, this works specially well if the team has a big ad comp or ap comp, or just burst assassins like Rengar , Kha'zix or Evelynn .
- Late game, you're gonna be tanky, and fast, if your team is grouped, help them as usual, if they're not, keep warding and be that ambulance of your dreams, swapping between lanes at minimum 600 movement speed.
With the new update adding Font of Life , Summon Aery has become a less effective option, your early game remains normal but you have to pay more attention to your mana now that regeneration is out of the picture, Mages and assassins have become more effective with the buff of Gathering Storm but so did you, you do more damage than before, but don't let that make you overextend and get bursted by new mage damage.