[2.2c] Ziggs Guide - Long Range Control Mage Ziggs
Best Build Guide for Ziggs
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- Sapphire Crystal to safely farm up for the first recall items. You don't need a lot of damage in the beginning.
- Either Lost Chapter if you go full damage or Catalyst of Aeons if enemy team has tanks or if you suffer in the early stages
- Luden's Echo for mana and early damage. Always rush this item first if you plan on going damage
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity into [Stasis Enchant] to dodge potential burst/abilities. Also allows you to roam more freely
- Lich Bane for a good powerspike. Auto attack between abilities for maximum damage. Also grants mana which is a good aid for spamming abilities
- Rabadon's Deathcap will give you a crazy amount of ability power with the items you previously bought. This item will turn you into a very powerful foe at this stage
- Morellonomicon will grant you healing reduction which is a must have with the amount of healing in wild rift. It also grants you health and ap to make you a bit bulkier and give you more damage
- Void Staff is a final item that can be replaced with an item from the flexible build if the enemy team doesn't have too many resistances. But otherwise it is a good nail in the coffin to finalize the build
- Buy Tear of the Goddess to start stacking but don't finish Archangel's Staff until you buy Rod of Ages
- When you have your tear, rush Rod of Ages to get it stacking. That way you can upgrade your [tear of godess] into Archangel's Staff afterwards and have them at max stacks at roughly the same time
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity into [Stasis Enchant] or Teleport Enchant to dodge potential burst/abilities or faster roams to other lanes and objectives
- Liandry's Torment as by this stage the enemy team should have a decent amount of health and maybe even 2-3 finished tank items. It will allow you to shred through them like butter
- Rabadon's Deathcap will solidfy your damage with the first two items you bought. At this stage you should be able to more or less one shot a tank if they don't have too many resistances
- Void Staff or Rylai's Crystal Scepter as a finail item. Void staff if they have a lot of magic resistance, or rylai's if they focused on armour and have a lot of health
- Infinity Orb is good if the enemy team starts building light magic resistance in the early and mid game. It still allows you to penetrate and last hit them without investing too much into penetration
- Awakened Soulstealer is good if you snowball in the early stages and manage to pick up a decent amount of kills. Lets you get even crazier
- Teleport Enchant is good if you decide to play safe during the game and need to follow up on enemy roams. E.g. Enemy aurelion sol pushes in mid and flies to top lane. You can push back and use teleport to follow him.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter is only good in combination with Liandry's Torment to shred through tanks without magic resistances
- Shadows Enchant is good for catching enemies and giving your team vision which can be useful for long range snipes.
Best Runes for Ziggs
brutal for penetration
hunter titan for tenacity
manaflow for mana and hp regen
This is a good set for consistant damage output
hunter for healing
sprint walker for hp
hunter genius for ability haste
This is useful to fight assassin (fighting fire with fire)
How to distribute skill points
Ziggs Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
Stay away from the gold card out of Pick A Card and you should win.
Aurelion can't do anything against you as long as you keep your distance. You have twice as long range as him, so just throw everything you have at him and don't walk up too close.
She has decent range but is very squishy and no way to escape. On top of that she also has no CC meaning it will be hard for her to kill you unless you just walk into all of her spells.
Watch out for an engage with flash+ Summon: Tibbers after 5. Before then you should be able to just keep your distance and poke her. You can take Quicksilver Enchant against her to cleanse her stun and use your Satchel Charge to disengage.
You have better range, but if she lands her taunt on you then you are more or less dead. Stay behind minions or keep your distance!
Has a lot of damage and can one shot you after 5.
Can dodge all of your abilities with Sweeping Blade and Wind Wall . Make sure you fight him when there are no friendly minions nearby or when he has no windwall. Be wary of getting too close to him as he will slice you to pieces like a kebab.
If she hits you with Light Binding you need to use everything on her to match her trade. Lux has roughly the same range as you, but more CC and a shield. This is like a game of dodgeball. Whoever hits most abilities will win.
Similar to Lux. She is good at poking and can catch you off-guad with her ball. You need to push in the lane faster than her and poke her to win this lane. If you miss your abilities and she lands hers, then you're guranteed to lose the lane. Do the opposite. Hits yours, dodge hers.
Ziggs vs Ziggs. Whoever has most skill will win. Easy, huh?
Pros/Cons & Tips
- Very long range with abilities
- Great at stalling games for comebacks
- Good at zoning with Satchel Charge & Hexplosive Minefield
- Excellent splitpusher with Satchel Charge and Short Fuse
- Amazing AoE global ultimate
- Low mobility
- Easy to fall behind with if you die
- Requires game knowledge around positioning
- Eats a lot of mana
- Skillshot oriented