[2.3] Pantheon Guide - Pantheon Support Season 2
Best Build Guide for Pantheon
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
- Buy Long Sword for additional damage on your Comet Spear .
- On your first recall, make sure you have enough gold for either Plated Steelcaps or Bramble Vest . If the enemy has hard cc, buy Mercury's Treads instead.
- The Bramble Vest is necessary for support Pantheon so that when you go in for a trade, the adc will have reduced healing which is very crucial especially when they have [heal].
- Make sure to upgrade Long Sword into Phage .
- Don't worry about rushing your First Core Item.
- After you have bought the 3 starting items, upgrade your boots into Gargoyle Enchant . This is very important since you will be setting up most of the fights, diving under turrets, and soaking up most of the damage.
- Next is to build Black Cleaver . You can easily stack the passive up to 5 times with a simple Shield Vault with [pantheon:passive], AA, and Comet Spear .
- The Thornmail gives you a lot of armor, and anti-healing. This will force the enemy ADC to either ignore you as you dive in, or hit you at the cost of having [grievous wounds] and reflected damage. Either way, it's a win-win situation for support Pantheon .
- Youmuu's Ghostblade gives you 10 Ability Haste. Every Ability Haste you can get is important to Pantheon since you need to keep gaining presence on the map and in teamfights. Youmuu's Ghostblade also gives you bonus movement speed which will allow you to go around the map easily.
- Sterak's Gage is probably one of the best items for Pantheon . It gives you 400 health for extra tankiness, 50% bonus AD, and a Lifeline passive to heighten your survivability even more.
- Death's Dance converts 30% of damage taken as bleed effect, gives you Ability Haste, AD, and Health, which are all very useful as you initiate fights for objectives and diving under turrets
- You may Teleport Enchant if you need to keep supporting the baron lane most of the time. Pantheon 's [pantheon:ult] has limited range so it wouldn't be efficient to walk to Middle Lane for you to cast ultimate.
- Mortal Reminder is a good alternative for Thornmail if the enemy team consists of ranged and AP champions with high healing capacity.
- Guardian Angel gives additional AD and Armor, and a resurrection passive to keep you alive during teamfights.
- Mercury's Treads is the go-to option if the enemy has hard cc champions like Leona and Braum .
Best Runes for Pantheon
- Take Conqueror for additional damage during combat. Gathering Storm is much better than Brutal since [pantheon:ult] now gives 20% armor penetration.
- Since you'll be diving a lot, you will be soaking up most of the damage and of course, losing health. Adaptive Carapace is a good choice since it gives you more defense when you reach below 50% of your health, which increases your survivability. Notice that I mention "survivability" a lot, that's because as a support you need to always be there for your team whenever a fight occurs.
- Your build focuses on vitality and physical so there's no room for mana items. Take Manaflow Band since you'll be spamming a lot of your skills.
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
A staple combo. This combo is very simple to execute and gives you a lot of value.
Shield Vault with Mortal Will gives additional strikes, which means additional Mortal Will and Black Cleaver stack. AA + Comet Spear fully stacks Mortal Will which will empower your Aegis Assault to block incoming attacks and give you a burst of movement speed.
Keep practicing this in Practice Mode so that you can perfectly execute the combo with cancel animation.
This combo is great for all-in trades. Casting Aegis Assault right after Shield Vault disorients the enemy. Either they'll fight you with your Aegis Assault on cast, or run away. Either way, you will have the upper hand because the enemy has no chance to trade once you cast Aegis Assault since it blocks incoming damage.
This final combo is simply Combo 1 with Grand Starfall and Gargoyle Enchant . Since you are an engage type of support, you need every defense that you can get. Activating the Gargoyle Enchant gives you additional health based on the numbers of enemy nearby. This is very good for diving in crowded teamfights because you can get a lot of value with Grand Starfall + Black Cleaver passive, and Gargoyle Enchant bonuses. Added with Aegis Assault and the enemy will have a hard time killing you.
Pantheon Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
Her Hymn Of Valor 's range and Pantheon 's Shield Vault range are slightly the same. If she gets to close to poke you, immediately use your combo because Sona has low escape capability, and is very squishy.
Keep in mind that you should never go all-in on Leona since she can shut down any advances you can make. If you use your Shield Vault before her Zenith Blade , she might cast it and dash towards your adc behind you.
Braum is one of those champs that are very hard to go through. His passive, slow, shield, and knockup makes it hard for Pantheon to engage. The key here is to spam Comet Spear to take a chunk out of his HP, or force him to use Unbreakable . When forcing a trade with Shield Vault , make sure to use Aegis Assault only when Concussive Blows is at 2 stacks.
Play around with his kit, and never be the one to engage. Spam your Comet Spear to apply Black Cleaver passive and simply ignore him on fights. Once he uses his Headbutt and Pulverize , lock on to the enemy adc since Alistar won't be able to disengage your advances for a while.
Asserting Map Dominance
This is the most important part of the guide to make Pantheon support work.
Stay in lane until you get your Grand Starfall . Once you reach level 5, simply change your direction towards your lane. Instead of going straight to Dragon Lane, walk towards between tier 1 and tier 2 turret in mid to check if there are any lanes that needs your support. Grand Starfall is only semi-global but walking to Middle Lane utilizes that range limit. If there aren't any lanes that needs your support, simply go through the raptor -> bush behind red brambleback -> tribush. The reason for this pathing is to utilize your position, if mid lane needs support, you can simply walk to the river. If your trinket is available, put it down on the Dragon's Pit. If you see the enemy jungler taking the scuttle crab, you can contest it or attempt to steal it.
But before you do all that, do not forget your adc and make sure to synergize with your team by communicating with them.