[2.3] Senna Guide - Banish the darkness! Senna support guide
- Has incredible carry potential as a support in terms of damage.
- Becomes a monster late game.
- Can farm faster then other supports, as each soul she collects grants bonus gold.
- Global ult.
- Cool in-game effects :)
- Very squishy.
- Has rather long cooldowns.
- Weak against engage comps, as they can enter her mist or burst her down quick.
- Heavily relies on collecting souls, and will remain weak in later stages if not enough are collected.
- Has to carry a gun that's heavier then your mom XD
Best Build Guide for Senna
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
During the early game, Senna 's range is shorter then my... well, very short. I would take Boots of Speed first since it will allow you to get in and out of poke range quicker, allowing you to collect souls from enemies more safely.
Core items for Senna are Frozen Mallet , Rapid Firecannon and [duskblade of darktharr], along with Boots of Swiftness as the next boots. Frozen Mallet will make all your attacks slow enemies, allowing you and your team to catch up to them quicker. Rapid Firecannon willl allow you to have MASSIVE range once you stack up enough souls, and [duskblade of darktharr] combined with yout third skill is basically a new improved attack each time you enter or re-enter the mist.
Next items should really depend on the situation. If the enemy is very tanky, I would take Mortal Reminder along with Black Cleaver to reduce all that armor. If the enemy is very squishy, you could take Infinity Edge for a lot of damage with Manamune for more AD and the double damage passive. If you do decide to build manamune, try bulding it early as this is a stacking item and will take time to fully upgrade.
Best Runes for Senna
When it comes to playing Senna , runes can be very diverse, and let me explain each section and why they are.
For your main rune, I'd take either Grasp of the Undying or Conqueror . The first one will help you deal a little more damage while keeping you healthy, and since her first skill applies on-hit effects, this rune can be triggered with it as well. The second rune is better if you want to be the true carry of your team, as all of Senna 's abilities scale with BONUS AD and it will give you adaptive bonus damage once fully stacked.
Domination rune will be either Brutal or Weakness . The first rune is more damage for yourself, while the second one, combined with Frozen Mallet , will also you to trigger the bonus damage each time you basic attack an enemy.
Resolve rune will be Loyalty . You are playing a support, so this is important.
As for the last one,most people would take Pack Hunter , but I believe that Pathfinder is actually better. I know, your playing support and not jungle, but you must understand that collecting souls is one of the most important things to do, and if you take pathfinder, you'll be able to roam from lane to lane quicker, collecting all these souls from the minions your team is either killing or just leaving behind. Also this rune, combined with [senna:3] will also allow you to move and ward more safely in later stages of the game, as you will be very fast and hard to catch.
How to distribute skill points
When to take which summoners
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
This will be a basic combo to collect a soul during laning phase. You can also use a basic attack first before Piercing Darkness , so long as you hit both within 4 seconds.
Senna Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
He is rather easy to bullt throughout the whole laning phase.
If she wants to poke you, you will poke back, and collect a nice soul as well :)
While it might be easy to bully him, once he gets to level 3, his engages will make your life very miserable, and hiding in the mist with this beefy cow on top of you? Keep dreaming...
If she gets on top of you, get ready to either die or burn your [flash]
Getting in poke range early means getting in the range of Grand Entrance . Be careful!
Overcome the darkness
1. Unlike Nasus , you don't need ONLY minions and monsters to stack souls. Remember to poke enemies and collect souls from them as well, especially during laning phase.
2. Curse Of The Black Mist will speed both you and your teammates. Use this to roam and get them around the map faster.
3. Piercing Darkness will heal and damage at the same time, so make sure to position yourself behind your teammates to have both effects.
4. Last Embrace will automatically go off if the target hit is killed. Finishing off a low health minion that's near an enemy champion will help you root them instantly.
5.Don't forget your flashlight, as the darkness can be scary sometimes...