[2.3] Become the storm! Janna guide
- Has the fastest movement speed potential out of everyone!
- Incredibly strong level 1 powerspike.
- Can deny any hard engage champions.
- So far the only support in the game that offers bonus AD
- Can freaking float!!!!!!!!!!!
- Has no heals besides her ult, making her weaker against healer supports in early game.
- Gets easily countered by champions like Nami, who can initiate fights from far.
- Her main form of crowd control takes ALOT of time to fully charge
- Her poke range is rather short - has to get close to use it.
- Her ult is a huge "stun me" sign, and can be easily shut down by a single CC ability.
Best Build Guide for Janna
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
Janna 's passive gives her 8% bonus movement speed regarding of what she does, and upgrading Zephyr first will give her yet another 8% boost. Buying Boots of Speed first, along with these two bonuses, will turn you into the FASTEST level 1 champion in the game! This will allow you to deep-ward or check bushes with much more ease when the game starts, since no one will be able to catch up to you.
I would always rush boots item first, since Janna benefits a lot from movement speed. However, I don't think she really needs Boots of Swiftness as badly as people may think. Janna is already fast enough even without them in my opinion, and boots such as Ionian Boots of Lucidity are much more beneficial, since they offer the bonus ability haste and the shorter summoner spells cooldown. I would also attach Redeeming Enchant or [locket enchant], depending on the situation, of course.
After that, the trio of support items comes in: Ardent Censer for adc's who benefit from attack speed, Harmonic Echo to give your shields a healing ability as well, and Athene's Unholy Grail for more heals and MR.
Sure, these items might make you a bit bulkier and harder to take down, but these items offer NO BONUS AP! In all my guides I talked about how more AP= Better heals, shields and buffs, and in Janna 's case, her bonus AD from her Eye Of The Storm scales with AP! if you manage to get to later stages of the game and have Rabadon's Deathcap in your arsenal, your Eye Of The Storm will give as much as 75 BONUS AD! Imagine a Draven with that buff!!!
Best Runes for Janna
How to distribute skill points
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
If you want to poke but afraid of taking damage while doing so, just shield yourself first :)
Janna Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
This guy is as useful as a garlic at a vampire dinner when he's level 1 - the complete exact opposite of you! Harass him during that time and he might be so low, he won't be even able to engage! Also your Monsoon can push him away when he goes in.
Another name for Monsoon is "screw you Katarina", since it knocks her back and stops her ult immidiately.
DEMACI- oops, I got knocked back by Monsoon and now i've got nothing.....
He punches, he goes in aaaaandddddd..... and gets knocked back by Janna XD
Her crowd control doesn't require close range, making your ult pretty useless against her. She also outranges you during laning.
She has heals during lane - you don't. She can initiate a fight from a safe distance using Tidal Wave , making your ult useless.
How to bring the storm
1. Always be the leader of any chase. Remember that Tailwind gives bonus movement speed to allies moving TOWARDS Janna.
2. You can also use that and lead a retreat, just remember to always be the first one ahead.
3.You are the fastest level 1 champion - make use of it by invading and deep-warding!
4. Remember that Eye Of The Storm also gives bonus AD, so make use of it offensively by giving it to your adc or any AD base champion before they go in for an attack.
5.Use Howling Gale as a safety net to either ward in the enemy bushes or seal areas where they might walk through. If they try to jump you or pass through - Release the storm on their butts!
6. Don't use Monsoon Just to heal your team. Remember that this is a tool to push back engaging champions and reset the fight for your team.
7. During laning, try to place Howling Gale in bushes or behind walls, so the enemy won't know when they are coming to hit them.
9. Stay calm and collected, don't get angry and be focused :)