[2.3] Give them sunburns! - Leona guide
- Incredibly good against squishy champions because of her passive.
- Her cooldowns are very short, meaning that she can keep CCing enemies without relying on her ult so much.
- Can do decent damage on her own.
- Pretty easy to pick up for the first time.
- Has awesome in game effects :)
- Has no damage reduction abilities, leaving her vulnerable to Physical and Magical PEN items.
- Lacks disengage - likely to die if plans go wrong
- Weak against other tanks - passive becomes quite useless.
- Weak game until level 3.
Best Build Guide for Leona
Item Build Description
Additional information on the items
When starting out, its actually best for you to take Boots of Speed first, as this will allow you to apply pressure and move around the map more easily during early game. The only case in which I reccommend taking Cloth Armor first is if the enemy has a healer support on the team, such as Soraka or Sona , as it will allow you to rush Bramble Vest early on in the game while offering more damage on your engages.
Since Eclipse is an ability that gets stronger and makes Leona tankier with the more AR and MR that she gets, items such as Thornmail and Frozen Heart are great picks, since they offer A LOT of bonus AR to stack this ability. For MR, a must item is Abyssal Mask , since it will amplify the damage from your Sunlight and any AP that your team might have.
Depending on the situation, different items will take priority. If your adc could use a boost for his attacks, take
. If you have a lot of critical hits to block, take
. If the enemy has a lot of AP, take
Force of Nature
. Taking an item such as
will sometimes be quite good, as it will make each cast of
Shield Of Daybreak
create a slowing zone as well.
Boots will vary depending on the situation. Take Plated Steelcaps for basic attack damage reduction, or Mercury's Treads if the enemy has a lot of CC.
P.S: you know I love redemption, so I would take it as well :)
Best Runes for Leona
These runes are what you will see on most tanks, and for good reason. But there is a reason why I think Aftershock is a rune that should ALWAYS be on Leona : Aftershock gives you bonus AR and MR when you CC an enemy, and Leona 's second skill gives more AR and MR the more AR and MR you have - in short, this ability will stack heavily with Aftershock and will give you INSANE boosts to your defense!
How to distribute skill points
When to take which summoners
Learn how to maximize the champions potential
Since Shield Of Daybreak is considered a basic attack and also canceles the animation, this combo will be used to quickly destroy wards or damage turrets.
This will be a single-target burst combo. With the help of your team, you can unleash all your CC abilities to finish off a squishy enemy and turn his screen grey before he has a chance to blink.
You can also use Solar Flare to start fights from far away. Just make sure your team is ready to follow up, otherwise you will be left in a very akward position with no ult to use.
Leona Matchups & Counters
Detailed information on how to play matchups and counters
This guy is very weak to CC - and Leona has a lot of them.
Getting on top of her is not a hard thing, and if you have Bramble Vest she becomes useless.
Your kits are pretty similar when it comes to CCing someone. I would reccommand going in AFTER he used his Grand Entrance , as he will not be able to knock you up and stop your engage.
If this guy starts spinning - your CC will not stop him. He can also reduce your CC time with Courage , making him a nightmare to control.
The absolute misery of any tank - a guy that cannot be stunned once he ults...
How to make the sun rise
1. Remember that Shield Of Daybreak is considered a basic attack, and a quick combo can quickly take down freshly places wards.
2. Zenith Blade will root and take you to the LAST enemy hit. Don't be afraid to use it on a lot of enemies, so long as you hit that squishy hiding behind them.
3. Eclipse will double its duration when hitting ANY kind of enemy unit - minions are included. Use them to extend the effects if you cannot hit an enemy champion.
4.Try to not use your abilities on tanks unless absolutely neccesery. Remember that hitting enemies with any ability marks them with Sunlight , which helps your teammates take them down quicker.
5.Using Solar Flare to slow can sometimes also be just as useful. don't be too obsessed with hitting enemies using its center.
6. Remember to put on sunscreen - if you are the enemy!